Jasmin Child Care & Preschool is currently looking to fill our full and part-time positions working with our preschool-aged children. We are looking for individuals who are reliable, responsible, outgoing and have a passion for caring for children. We are also looking for someone who has experience and/or interest in working with children of diverse cultures and preferably multilingual.
Our mission is to eliminate educational disparities among low-income and minority children and promote early childhood literacy and preparing children for kindergarten.
Responsible for supervision, management, and planning for 2-5 age preschool classrooms.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have one of the following:
2. A bachelor's degree with 24 semester hours in child development or related field and six months experience in a childcare setting or
3. A junior or senior pursuing a bachelor's degree in the field of elementary education or early childhood education or
4. A teaching certificate in elementary education with 12 semester hours in child development or
5. Certification as a CDA (Child Development Associate)
6. Certification from a Montessori teacher training program
7. Associates degree in early childhood education or related field
- Have a warm, friendly personality, be sensitive to the feelings and needs of others, can relate well with children, and be willing to fulfill job responsibilities in accordance with the program philosophy.
- Must be able to maintain a professional attitude towards children, the families, and the staff always, and be able to communicate professionally and openly.
- Must be a model, demonstrating the kinds of values, attitudes, expectations, beliefs, and choices that make our organization excellent.
- Child CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) and First Aid certifications are preferred or will to be trained within 30 days of employment
- Must be of good mental and physical health, capable of mature judgment, and possess knowledge and experience in management, and interpersonal relationships.
- Must be willing to certify attendance of 6-13 hours of approved training related to child care annually.
- Minimum of 1 year preschool experience
- Speak one or more languages in addition to English
- Have experience working with diverse communities
Interested applicants should email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.